Subject: [ebxml-iic] minutes, and vote reminder

Title: minutes, and vote reminder

All:

Minutes attached.

Remember that Monday 3rd we have our call (see previous mail), and
the email vote on Deployment Template and TestFramework end Monday evening 8pm.
(eligible voters, send me an email saying YES (approve), NO, or ABSTAIN for each of these specs.
They have been sent out on Wednesday.)

<<IIC_Feb_24_03_minutes.txt>>

Minutes of IIC February 24, 2003
------------------------------

Call info:
---------

Host: Fujitsu
Time: February 24 Monday, 10am PT
Toll free: 1-877-801-2058
Intl Number:1-712-257-6652
Passcode: 309951

Minute taker: Jacques Durand

Present
--------

Mike Kass (NIST)
Jeff Turpin (CycloneCommerce)
Steve Yung (Sun)
Jaques Durand (Fujitsu)
Monica Martin (Sun)
Aaron Gomez (DGI)
Mike Dillon (DGI)
Hatem ElSebaaly (IPNetSolution)
Matthew MacKenzie (XMLG)
Pete Wenzel (SeeBeyond)

Agenda:
-------

Agenda:

1. Status on Deployment Template (Pete Wenzel) and
the EAN instance (Thomas Bikeev) .
- latest updates.
- normally put to vote.

2. Status and review of the MS Basic Interoperability test suite
(V0.8, editor: Steve Yung).
- latest updates.
- normally put to vote.

3. TestFramework, status (Mike Kass, Monica, Jacques):
- latset updates.
- normally put to vote.

4. (if time permit) Next f-2-f San Diego March 12-13: details, agenda items,
joint meetings.

Minutes:
--------

Voting process discussed: as all specs have been edited until today,
no vote at the meeting:
rather, we'll start email voting on Wednesday, closing on Monday March 3rd.

1. MS Deployment templates (Pete, Thomas)

- Pete will post updated doc on Wednesday, factoring in comments
from Doug Bunting, Jacques..
- Pete will publish comments from reviewers.
- We'll wait for Thomas to be back for deciding on EAN instance: some updates
likely be needed before sbmitting the instance.

2. Status of MS Interop spec: (Steve, Jacques)

- Spec not ready yet: minor edits all over, main thing to work on is the CPA data.
If someone can help with a basic CPA, would help Steve.
- Describing cpa using a table format is OK, as done by DGI. (list of name/val pairs).
- Mike is in favor of using a formally described CPA as that may help people
deploying the suite, avoid confusion.
- Section 1.2.3 needs review and agreement from team.
- test scripts: should be verified.

3. Test Framework spec (Mike)

- Mike: all schemas have been updated, profile doc added.
- Examples have been added (Section 9), featuring two small test suites (interop, conformance)
- WSLT transforms could clarify these material.
- Mike: SOme test service operations (ErrorAppNotify) need be more specified
(what types of Ack errors are reported, how?).
- sepc will be submitted for email vote Wednesday.

4. Next f-2-f , others (implementation resources)

- Matt: no response yet from freebXML. Matt will send detailed proposal on
how to handle open src dev of test framework. His plan is that its not difficult
for parties to contribute entry level engineers, but the work should be started
by experienced engineers, and managed by these.
- IPNet Solutions (Hatem) will evaluate how much resources they could contribute.
- Next conf call: March 3rd .10am PT.