Subject: Re: [ebxml-iic] Proposed extension to include document processing in IIC framework

Tim and Serm,

   I think that your suggestions for modification of the Test Framework to
support mutation
of message payloads is great.

   I agree with Serm, in that an XSLT solution may be a better choice than
XUpate,
if for no other reason that XSLT is more established as a specification,
with many more choices for open and
freely available implementations.  We viewed XUpdate as yet another method
for accomplishing the task.

   I am not sure wither URI resolving of filenames vs. setting an attribute
is a better choice.  I guess it gets down
to what "other" choices we envision for mutating a payload ( if there are
any ).  In addition, some people may want
to directly "inline" their XML, or may use an EDI payload...

   But in any case, I think that this is a great way to modify payloads.  I
am wondering if we should also address
message envelope in a similar manner, particularly with the issue of the
Test Framework being heavily
"ebXML oriented"  in regard to message enveloping right now.

   It should be possible to extend the "ebTest" schema to support XSLT
mutation of both message payload and message
envelope, without affecting backward compatibilty with version 1.0 of the
specification.

  Comments?

Mike