Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] Groups - Comparing Messaging Systems for B2B - ebXML, AS2/EDIINI, VAN, WS-I/WSDl web services (Comparing messaging systems for B2B.ppt) uploaded

David:

Slides look much more complete now - yet are at the right level of summarization for readers in a hurry.

Sorry for late feedback and few more suggestions:

Slide #2: 5th bullet (WS-I definition: replace "interoperability profile - series of complex extension mechanisms"  with "interoperability profiles - best practices and rules for combining WS standards".

Slide #3:

Discussion in JC this morning: I suggested that some of your table entries would benefit from some explanation in a comment section (or slide notes?).

My personal feedback / questions on some entries (these would benefit from a word of explanation):

 -Business process workflow enabled: need explanations to help reader (is it more like: supportive of Business process workflow at message header level)
- Role and action use support in envelope (need explanations. more genrally: business meta-data in header?)
- EDI payloads support (WS-I AP profile supports attachments, so the case could be made here that os supports payloads of any kind - although ebMS is richer in meta-data describing these).
- Built-in audit log and tracking: maybe what we mean here is the ability to log significant business meta-data (extracted from message header) without touching payloads? In that case yes, ebMS supports this but not WS stacks. Could be reworded: Supports [non-intrusive] audit log and tracking.
- Uses web services infrastructure --> "Based on protocol-level [or message-level] Web service standards" or "uses protocol-level Web service infrastructure" (advantage: implementations can leverage existing Web services stacks and tools, e.g. Axis2, etc. )
- Asynchronous and Synchronous support: do we mean "Suport for non-addressable or intermittently connected partners" (e.g. meaning Pull feature).
- Service & Operation levels authorization: a few words of explanation ( "different from conventional authentication of a sender: enforcing the right of a sender to use a particular Operation or Action [, or a particular message transfer mode, or to refer to a particular agreement between parties]")

Regards,
Jacques

-----Original Message-----
From: david@drrw.info [mailto:david@drrw.info]
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 6:49 PM
To: ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org

Draft for comment

 -- Mr. David Webber

The document named Comparing Messaging Systems for B2B - ebXML, AS2/EDIINI, VAN, WS-I/WSDl web services (Comparing messaging systems for B2B.ppt) has been submitted by Mr. David Webber to the OASIS ebXML Messaging Services TC document repository.

Document Description:
Draft slides comparing the features for B2B of ebXML ebMS, AS2/EDIINI, VAN, WS-I/WSDl web services.

Determine set of criteria for comparing B2B functionality and matrix for each approach.

Provide SWOT analysis of factors for each.

Objective - provide baseline for analysis by evaluators to understand important criteria with which to make evaluations.

Evaluators should apply their own weighted score carding to determining suitablity to task in their own environments.

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ebxml-msg/document.php?document_id=23030

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ebxml-msg/download.php/23030/Comparing%20messaging%20systems%20for%20B2B.ppt

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to copy and paste the entire link address into the address field of your web browser.

-OASIS Open Administration