Subject: Re: T2 Success Codes

David,

We did not define success codes. If anything, these would be
application level codes, not MSH-level codes.

Now, in the BPSS specification, there are a number of message
patterns defined, which have specific messages/signals associated
with these message patterns. These aren't defined *intentionally*
by the MS specification. These are defined by the BP specification
because they aren't necessary to the core processing of the MSH.

Cheers,

Chris

> David Fischer wrote:
>
> I don't see any Success Codes or a place to put them.  There should be a way to put different
> success codes in both the Acknowledgement and the DeliveryReceipt elements.  There may be several
> different kinds of success like Processed/PassedOn or Processed/Dispatched or
> Processed/SignatureVerified or Processed/DecryptSuccess or....  These could be the value of the
> element or they could be in a sub-element.
>
> It is probably not sufficient to just get an Acknowledgement back without the granularity of
> different success codes.  I don't want to have to create an entirely separate bodypart just to put
> in a success code?
>
> Regards,
>
> David Fischer
> Drummond Group.
begin:vcard
n:Ferris;Christopher
tel;cell:508-667-0402
tel;work:781-442-3063
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Sun Microsystems, Inc;XTC Advanced Development
version:2.1
email;internet:chris.ferris@east.sun.com
title:Sr. Staff Engineer
fn:Christopher Ferris