Subject: Re: FW: ebXML-msg-comment

Zvi,

Please see my comments below.

Cheers,

Chris

"Burdett, David" wrote:

> Forwarding as requested ...

I didn't even know of its existance;-)

> > Since I did not get any I wonder if this list is being watched by the
> > Messaging TC (as far as I can see this is the only message in the list).
> >
> > In any case I repeat the questions here:
> >
> > ==============
> >
> > My questions are about using the message header elements as defined in
> > ebMS to implement a process defined in ebPSS.
> >
> > 1.  If per ebPSS a Buisness Ttansaction Activity is defined in a
> > Collaboration as
> > isConcurrent, it means that a Party can send several instances of the
> > request messages. Each instance will have the following identical header
> >
> > proerties: Service, Action, CPAId and ConversationId.  Response messages
> >
> > will also have identical properties.
> > How can the messaging middleware that implemets the BP identify to which
> > (BT instance)
> > request a response belongs in order for example to check timeToPerform?
> > the message that is being replied to<<<<

I don't understand. Why would the same messages carry the same ConversationId?
It would seem that each set of messages should have its own unique ConversationId.
That was certainly the intent of ConversationId as it was designed.

Seems to me that there may be a disconnect. Where does it say that
isConcurrent means that messages should all have the same properties you
identify?

> > 2.  If I understand correctly an Action in the header is the name of the
> >
> > Requesting or Responding Business Activity.
> > A Responding Business Activity can include several DocumentEnvelopes for
> >
> > example a PO Ack with isPositiveResponse attribute and a PO Rejection.
> > Both will have the same Action in the header.
> > How can the actual response be identified and acted upon ?
> > (maybe by the manifest?)
> > action that summarizes the meaning of the message as a whole rather than
> an
> > individual document envelope within it.<<<

I would think that the Manifest would certainly help since it
identifies what is in the payload.

> > 3. Since the Action should be unique per Service it means that the names
> >
> > of Requesting/Responding Business Activities should be unique and this
> > should be explained in the ebPSS.
> > specifications ;) <<<

Agreed!

> > =========================
> >
> > Thanks for your time and please advice what procedure to follow for
> > additinal questions.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Zvi Bruckner

begin:vcard
n:Ferris;Christopher
tel;cell:508-667-0402
tel;work:781-442-3063
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Sun Microsystems, Inc;XTC Advanced Development
version:2.1
email;internet:chris.ferris@east.sun.com
title:Sr. Staff Engineer
fn:Christopher Ferris