Subject: RE: T2 SyncReply and ReliableMessagingMethod in QualityOfServiceI nfo

Re-sending because of addressing error.

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
P. O. B. 704
Yorktown Hts, NY 10598
914-784-7287;  IBM tie line 863-7287
Internet address:  mwsachs @ us.ibm.com
---------------------- Forwarded by Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM on 08/08/2001
08:53 AM ---------------------------

Martin W Sachs
08/07/2001 03:41 PM

To:   Scott Hinkelman/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
cc:   "HUGHES,JIM (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <jim_hughes@hp.com>,
      ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.orgm ebxml-cppa
From: Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
Subject:  RE: T2 SyncReply and ReliableMessagingMethod in QualityOfServiceI
      nfo  (Document link: Martin W. Sachs)

Scott,

It is not at all clear that a multiparty CPA is always needed to handle
intermediaries.  It mostly depends on whether the intermediary particpates
in the business process between the from and to party or acts as a
pass-through. At the moment, the BPSS handles  a multiparty collaboration
as a set of interconnected binary collaborations.  That would be handled in
the year 2001 by a set of 2-party CPAs.

If the intermediary functions as a pass-through, then we would not need a
multiparty CPA.  We probably would need support in the CPA for pass-through
intermediaries.  This is on the CPPA list of proposed work items and would
be done in collaboration with the MSG team.

Regards,
Marty

Scott Hinkelman/Austin/IBM@IBMUS on 08/07/2001 01:16:53 PM