Subject: Re: Duplicate elimination

   Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 16:26:13 -0400
   From: christopher ferris <chris.ferris@east.sun.com>

   The reason for the vagueness is that persistDuration is
   only the minimum value that the party will keep this
   information around (so that it can filter duplicates, etc),
   not necessarily a trigger to purge the information.

Yes, certainly.  That's what I was trying to say when I said:

							       When can a
   > receiving MSH remove a messageId from this set (so that it will not
   > grow forever)?

By "when can" I meant "what is the earliest time at which it is OK to
remove it".  You might want to delay the actual "garbage collect"
in order to batch up deletes or in order to do it when load is low
or whatever.

Thanks!
-- Dan