Subject: Re: T2 - Assertions and Questions

It all comes down to how you look at intermediaries, doesn't it?  In the case where
each 'chasm' is considered a hop, then your argument holds.  There's a reliable
hand-off to the next hop and the reliability responsibilities cascade.   However, if
the 'chasm' is considered the end to end delivery, then a weak link is a problem.

I think your point that we need to clearly define the possible, meaningful and
realistic use cases and see how the spec matches up is very valid.  In my mind,
there are two categories of scenarios involving intermediaries:  (1) the
intermediary provides some value-add such as BP, translation, etc. or (2) the
intermediary is purely a switching mechanism.  These categories also impact the CPA
discussion in terms of where the business agreements exist (between the end points,
the end point and intermediary hop(s), etc.)

Colleen

--
Colleen Evans
Principal Product Manager