Subject: Re: T2 - Assertions and Questions

   Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 18:38:50 -0400
   From: Martin W Sachs <mwsachs@us.ibm.com>

   MWS:  I think that the argument here is over the meaning of "higher"
   and "lower".  In a model in which the message exchange is between X and
   Y and part of it happens to be performed by something going on between
   C and Y, I would agree that what goes on between C and Y is lower level,
   though it might actually be ebXML messaging under the ebXML messaging
   between X and Y.

Ah, now I see what you mean.  Agreed.

   MWS: I completely agree that we have to be more explicit about the
   assumptions.  One is that the persistent store is really persistent.
   Another is that if a CPU is flaky, it doesn't affect the persistent
   store.  However, I suspect that these are really implicit.

(Well, if you look at books like "Transaction Processing" by Gray and
Reuter, you can see all this kind of thing carefully spelled out.  It
seems implicit since so much of what we're familiar with makes the
same assumptions about fail-stop processors etc.)

							       The important
   statements that have to be made are, for example, about assumptions
   that the intermediate
   nodes and the To node will recover from failures and not lose messages
   in the persistent store.

OK.

-- Dan