Subject: Re: RM - Definition needed!

Ian:

I don't quite agree with the second part of your statement:

  "..., it has nothing todo with the quality, existence or number of
intermediate
  nodes in the path."

How reliable messaging between the sending MSH and target MSH can be
achieved (i.e., implemented) will very much depend on whether there are
intermediaries in between, and the quality of service they can support.

I still think that the approach taken in the 0.93 version of the spec, i.e.,
dividing the specification into

1. Single-hop reliable messaging
2. Multi-hop reliable messaging without intermediate acknowledgements (i.e.,
    none of the intermediaries adopt the reliable messaging behavior)
3. Multi-hop reliable messaging with intermediate acknowledgements (i.e.,
all
    of the intermediaries adopt the reliable messaging behavior)

is the right way to go. Cases 1 and 2 are straightforward to implement. Case
3 is the only that requires some work, but I think it can be solved without
some
of the complexities that David Burdette has introduced in his recent
proposal.

-Arvola