Subject: RE: T2, Proposed solution for ... Re: SyncReply andReliableMessagingMethod in QualityOfServiceInfo

We need duplicate detection, at the very least at the To Party MSH.  My comment
had to do with the possibility of not doing duplicate detection at the
Intermediate level.  This is the primary obstacle we are facing since
Intermediate duplicate detection precludes retries by the From Party MSH.

I don't believe that RM using only Intermediate Acks will suffice.  We need
end-to-end RM (this just means a DR) and the Intermediates will have to work
around that.  This does not preclude Intermediate RM, but we either have to stop
duplicate detection at the Intermediate level or we have to provide some means
of distinguishing that this is a From Party retry (something like RetryCount).

Regards,

David Fischer
Drummond Group.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Weinreb [mailto:dlw@exceloncorp.com]
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 7:46 AM
To: david@drummondgroup.com
Cc: ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: T2, Proposed solution for ... Re: SyncReply and
ReliableMessagingMethod in QualityOfServiceInfo

   Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 21:36:10 -0500
   From: David Fischer <david@drummondgroup.com>

   RM does not automatically imply duplicate detection.

I'm not sure I understand what you're implying by this.  Are you
saying that if a From Party sends a single message, and a To Party
reacts by presenting two copies of that message to the To Application,
as if two separate messages had been sent, then you'd still want to
call that "reliable messaging"?