Subject: Re: S/MIME

   Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 09:24:14 -0500
   From: David Fischer <david@drummondgroup.com>

	   Since SMIME is in the payload, we should probably support it
   indefinitely -- its just another payload (which unfortunately impacts the
   Manifest).

But isn't this addressed by what Chris Ferris said in earlier mail:

  The ebMS spec doesn't say anything about the payload intentionally.
  The reference to S/MIME means that the payload, not the overall
  "envelope" can be S/MIME encrypted.

As for the CPP/A, it's possible that (I don't know enough about S/MIME
yet) nothing new is needed; maybe you can express S/MIME encryption
just by putting in the appropriate Packaging/CompositeList/Encapsulation
element.