Subject: Re: T2 PLEAE READ - Suggested solution to RM Issues

   Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2001 01:45:33 -0400
   From: Martin W Sachs <mwsachs@us.ibm.com>

   Let's be  careful.  IBM MQSeries is a proprietary protocol and
   implementation that assumes, at least for the purposes of reliable
   messaging, that all nodes on the path have it.  That enables it to
   guarantee exactlyOnce delivery with a minumum of fuss.

   ebXML does not have the luxury of that assumption.  We can't make any
   assumptions on the implementations of any of the nodes.

Why is that?

Why should we treat a node as an IM if it does not contain an
implementation of the ebXML MS protocol?

Can we assume that the "to" node correctly implements the ebXML
MS protocol?  If so, why can't we make the same assumption about
any node that we treat as an IM?