Subject: Re: T2 Behavior of IM and non IM MSH,was RE: T2 PLEAE READ - Sugges ted solution to RM Issues

Dan,

Re:  "Is there some special rule about hops to which the endspoints are
parties, that makes those hops different from IM-to-IM hops?"

Of course, there is such a rule.  If A and D want to communicate via ebXML,
each one has to be using an ebXML interface (MSH) and therefore both A and
D have to use ebXML to get to their adjacent intermediaries.

Re: "far clearer to portray ebXML as two protocol layers".  We have that
right now, one is defined by the MS spec and the other is defined by the
BPSS spec.  I don't think that there is much inside the MSH that can be
split into to layers that may be in different boxes.

Also, as the Arpanet evolved (into the Internet), everything in the cloud
speaks IP.  There is no free-for-all choosing of unique protocols between
different nodes.

The problem with the CPA is only that it is limited to two parties.
Attempting to fold intermediaries in gets dangerously close to multiparty,
which is far in the future.  Yes, if there were such a thing as a
completely dumb intermediary, one might be able to do a few things but as I
already pointed out, I don't believe that there is such a thing.

Regards,
Marty

Regards,
Marty