Subject: Re: T2 Clarify TimeToLive

   Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 11:51:38 -0700
   From: "Burdett, David" <david.burdett@commerceone.com>

   The spec already says that an error should be reported if the To MSH
   receives a message where Time To Live has passed. It doesn't though say that
   the message must be ignored. This is a small useful clarification.

It's not clear to me that an error should be reported in this case.

It must means that somewhere inside the Internet, a copy of this
message was passed along after a long delay.  This is inevitable,
particularly noting that messages can disappear into the Internet and
come back a *long* time later.  We are already assuming that this can
happen; it's part of our failure model.  So the fact that a late
straggling message came in is not evidence that anything is incorrect.