Subject: Re: non-ebXML links

If the MS specification provides only one reliable-messaging algorithm,
then this is fully covered by the deliverySemantics attribute and there is
no need for the reliableMessagingMethod attribute.

Also, I can't find any description of the what the "Transport" value of
reliableMessagingMethod is for,  Since the word "Transport" appears in the
header of each page, it's a bit hard to search on this one, especially with
Acrobat's very primitive search function.  I assume that what is meant is
that reliability is provided, if at all, by the Transport layer.  We don't
have a binding for any transport that provides reliable messaging. I
suppose that there will be one some day for HTTPR if it becomes a standard.
In any case, reliableMessagingMethod="Transport" is exactly the same as
deliverySemantics="bestEffort".  Both mean that reliability is not provided
by ebXML; it MIGHT be provided by the transport.  So, I see no reason to
have both.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs