Subject: Re: T2 Retry with Delivery Receipt

   Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 12:03:20 -0500
   From: "David Fischer" <david@drummondgroup.com>

   <df>Correct, what might we do that is better?
	 Do we really want to do anything?</df>

No, I don't think we do.  Despite the Partridge et. al. paper, I think
we can rely on the transport protocols to catch bit corruption.

   Of course an IM should never stop an end-to-end retry; of course if
   the protocol allows for end-to-end retry, there would be an easy and
   well-defined way to differentiate.  The proposed "retry count" is one
   way to do it.

   <df>Agreed.  Is there another way you might prefer?</df>

No, retry count is fine with me.