Subject: Re: Use of MIME multipart for zero payload containers

   Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 10:14:23 -0700
   From: "Dale Moberg" <dmoberg@cyclonecommerce.com>

   The syntax, as I decipher it, requires one body-part but
   zero or more encapsulations (which is what a second or nth
   body part is called). So multiparts with just one part
   are allowed.

   That does not settle what do in ebxml, but there is
   nothing "wrong" with a multipart with one body part.

Yes, the MIME standard definitely allows multiparts with one part.
What I'm saying is that SOAP 1.1 With Attachments doesn't say whether
you're supposed to (a) use MIME multiparts with one part, or (b) go
back to the original SOAP format and not use MIME multiparts at all.
It would be better if it said, one way or the other.  And then ebXML
MS would just "inherit" this.