Subject: Re: T2, Proposed solution for ... Re: SyncReply andReliableMessagingMethod in QualityOfServiceInfo

   Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 23:45:42 -0500
   From: "David Fischer" <david@drummondgroup.com>

				    (garbage collection is not in the spec is it?).
   Instead of garbage collection, the To Party might occasionally Archive, which
   almost amounts to the same thing.  Even this would be infrequent.

Certainly they can archive stored legal documents, but for duplicate
elimination, they have to keep a set of message ID's online.  The
question is when that ever-growing set can be GC'ed.  This should be
in the spec.

   Ralph works for an EDI software company, how often is archiving typically done?
   Is it done?

I, too, would be interested in knowing what is currently done in
practice, in existing EDI systems, about keeping around business
documents.