Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] Re: [ebxml-cppa] Proposed schema changes,plus illustrative examp le

   Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 20:46:17 -0600
   From: David Fischer <david@drummondgroup.com>

   This is the second time I have seen the MSH refered to as a library.

Sure, I don't think I'm disagreeing with you.  When I used the word
"library" I didn't mean it in any sense incompatible with what you're
saying.  The MSH clearly contains processes that run all the time to
do things like retries.  The MSH also clearly provides a set of
services to an application.  Whether the application requests those
services by means of procedure calls, method calls, writing special
files into a special directory that the MSH polls, sending messages
via MQSeries, making CORBA calls, or whatever is just an
implementation detail, and I think different ebXML MS implementations
are free to pick and choose among any such approaches.  Abstractly,
though, there's a concept of an application that requests the MSH to
do things (like send a message, or ask whether a message got sent),
and the MSH does those things on behalf of the application, as well as
whatever it does in daemon/background processes.  That's all I meant.

-- Dan