Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] Delay of publication of V 1.1 spec

Yes. The plan is now to publish v1.1 as an OASIS Technical Committee
Specification in the first week of January, 2002. That spec will then be
submitted to OASIS board March 1, 2002 for consideration as an
OASIS standard.

The reasoning is as follows (from my perspective):
    - we need time to review the spec following incorporation of the
changes that were agreed
    during the f2f and to allow for one final round of editorial commentary.
    - we need to get alignment with the CPPA TC and spec. While this is
expected,
    the CPPA TC won't be submitting their spec to OASIS until March, so
it seemed
    a little out of sync to have them published and considered
separately, especially
    given the fact that there does need to be something such as the CPA
as per
    our agreement in the F2F
    - publishing first a TC spec will allow for the rest of the world to
review what
    we've done and provide us with (possibly) some necessary and useful
feedback.
    It will also allow us time to get implementations of the spec that
we can test
    to ensure that we've got it right.

IMO, this is the right thing to do.

Cheers,