Subject: [ebxml-msg] persistDuration

Title: persistDuration

David:

It seems to me the lines 1617-1618 about PersistDuration are not necessary, and even too restrictive from an
implementation perspective:
"If the PersistDuration has passed since the message was first sent, a Sending MSH SHOULD NOT resend a message with the same MessageId."

If the "same messageID" means a retry, this seems automatically implied by the relationship (stated elsewhere):
persistduration + datefirst > timetolive > time last retry
But if that means more generally a reuse of ID by a new message, then I would tend to think the opposite is OK:
 it is fine to reuse an ID once its persistDuration has expired on both sides... (wouldn't be a duplicate)

regards,

Jacques Durand