Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] Minutes 12/03/01 - Voting Meeting

In my opinion:

For ping, pong, StatusRequest and StatusResponse the spec says to Soap fault
with a code of "MustUnderstand" (section 8, line 1790) but this doesn't seem
to be very meaningful. These type of messages will not be specified as
"supported" in a CPA and there is nothing in the ebXML message that any
ebXML MSH could not parse since the "unsupported" part will be on the action
value and not a new element. Given that a MSH has to explicitly look at the
action to decide if it supports this, I think a error list of "NotSupported"
makes for much better MSH error handling verses a soap fault. Especially, if
the Ping/StatusRequest requests an async response.

I think we should still have an errorcode of NotSupported used for these
types of MSH messages that are not required to be implemented by an MSH.

Cliff