Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] Re: Comments on the 1.09 about ConversationId

   Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 15:53:37 -0500
   From: Christopher Ferris <chris.ferris@sun.com>

   A conversation is the bounded series of messages that
   constitute a single instance of a business process.

Yes, this is how we've been thinking of it as well.

   David Fischer wrote:

				      We have no means of ending a Conversation

I agree that there isn't anything in the MS protocol that deals with
ending conversations.  However, there doesn't really need to be.  Each
side is executing a business process, according to a pre-defined
business process definition, and so both sides know when they've
reached the end.

In the glorious future (>= Rel 2.0), when we define (I hope!) an
abstract API between the caller-of-the-MSH and the MSH, we'll make it
clear that the caller tells the MSH "OK, this conversation is over",
and that's when the MSH can free up the persistent record of the
latest message sequence number and any other storage associated with
the conversation.

-- Dan