Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] question about QoS

Cliff:

Please see my comments inline.

-Arvola
-----Original Message-----
From: Cliff Collins <collinsc@sybase.com>
To: ebxml-msg <ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date: Thursday, December 06, 2001 3:24 PM
Subject: [ebxml-msg] question about QoS

I have 2 questions/comments about the recent talk regarding QualifyOfService and DuplicationElimination.

1. It was said that QoS with DuplicationElimination must be present in every message. Does this include MSH types messages where DuplicationElimination would never be true? i.e. ping/ping/StatusRequest/StatusResponse/Acknowledgements must also include QoS with DuplicationElimination =false.

<ac>
The QoS element with the duplicateElimination attribute set to "true" needs to be included in the message header only if duplicate elimination is desired. It is quite pointless to include a QoS element with duplicateElimination set to "false".
</ac>

2. Since QualifyOfService only contains one attribute (DuplicationElimination) why not rename the "QualifyOfService" element to "DuplicationElimination"? This would also mean that question #1 above wouldn't make sense. This element would only appear when "DuplicationElimination" is true. This would be more in line with other elements like "AckRequested" and "SyncReply". IMO leaving QualifyOfService the way it is seems inconsistent with the rest of the spec.

<ac>
I agree with you that it will be more consistent if we rename the QoS element the DuplicateElimination element and to do away with the embedded duplicateElimination attribute.
</ac>

Cliff Collins
(510)922-5204