Subject: [ebxml-msg] service and action

I just tried to answer a question from a colleague in my lab about service
and action.  In looking over CPPA 1.03 and MSG 1.092, I am left with a
feeling of uncertainty.

For action, the CPA spec does require that (if BPSS and CPA are being
used), the value of the Action element in the message header must be the
same as the value of the action attribute in the CPA.  It might give a bit
more confidence if the same statement appeared in the MSG spec.

I can find nothing in either specification that that tells me that when the
BPSS and the CPA are being used, there is any relationship between the
value of the Service element in the message header and in the CPA except
that both are URIs. I hope that their values are supposed to be the same.
If so, the CPPA spec ought to state the same requirement that it states for
action.  Again, it would be good if the same statement appeared in the MSG
spec.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs