Subject: [ebxml-msg] [Fwd: Re: W3C - Link report]

FYI,

The resource has been fixed, and there should be no
problems accessing it (no more 403). I therefore recommend
that we use the URI http://www.w3.org/2001/03/xml.xsd
in our spec since that is the version that is guaranteed
not to change.

Cheers,

Chris

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: W3C - Link report
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 04:28:31 -0500
From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
To: chris.ferris@sun.com
CC: web-human@w3.org, ht@w3.org

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002, chris.ferris@sun.com wrote:
 > Email:                       chris.ferris@sun.com
 > Originating URL:             http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd
 > Forbidden Page:                      http://www.w3.org/2001/03/xml.xsd
 > Comments:                    The schema document at the URI http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd
indicates that the permanent URI of the current resource will be at the forbidden URI address. It
would seem to me that the URI    http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd has incorrect access control applied
  to it.  From the comments within the schema:  "In keeping with the XML Schema WG's  standard
versioning policy, this schema  document will persist at    http://www.w3.org/2001/03/xml.xsd. At
the date of issue it can also be found at    http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd. The schema document at
that URI may however  change in the future, in order to remain  compatible with the latest version
of XML Schema itself.  In other words, if the XML Schema namespace changes, the version of this
document  at    http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd  will change accordingly; the version at
http://www.w3.org/2001/03/xml.xsd  will not change."

Fixed, thank you for your report!

Regards,