Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] Issue 56: Specification / Schema conflict resolution

David,

With all due respect, the XML schema in v1.0 was normative.

Before the decision was made to go with SOAP 1.1 as the
underlying protocol, we did have a non-normative XML Schema
version of the normative DTD, but the adoption of SOAP
changed all of that and the XML schema for our ebXML
SOAP extension elements became, of necessity, normative
(and we had to drop the DTD because SOAP doesn't support
DTDs).

The schema needs to be normative IMO.

Cheers,

Chris