Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] Issue73:http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelopenamespace

Doug,

I agree with all your points on the importance of
validating the received messages before processing... However,
SOAP does not *require* either DTD processing or XML Schema
validation. This does not preclude XML Schema validation
to assess the validity of the received message. I thnk that
at best we can *strongly recommend* that the practice
of validating the received message(s) against the XML
Schema instance to assure receipt of a both well-formed
and valid message before turning it over to further
processing by the MSH. I don't think that we can
necessarily *require* that this be done.

w/r/t the process=lax v strict issue, that raises an
interesting point that probably should be addressed
by the XML Protocol WG regarding the SOAP schema.

Cheers,

Chris