Subject: Re: Schema-Specification normative preference wasRE:[ebxml-msg]Issue73:http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelopenamespace

Arvola Chan wrote:
Arvola wrote:

> The import construct is used in the schema definition, not in an instance
> document. I am a little confused when you wrote:

Arvola:

If you use that schema to validate an instance (which is the primary use
for schemas), then the constraints and structural impositions contained
in that imported definition are needed by the parser to validate the
instance XML document.

Has anyone looked into the rules for what a validating parser MUST or
SHOULD do when an imported schema definition is not available?  Is it a
"recoverable parsing error" or is it a "permanent fatal error"?

Duane
--
CTO, XML Global Technologies