Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] Removing Security of Attachments from Core Spec

Dale:

Let me reword Hamid's concern as I understand it:

It is not about what security feature should or should not be in core.

It is that when reusing a standard-compliant implementation of WSS1.0 - say WSS4J 1.0 - it appears that the package, used as a plug-in component in an MSH, does not allow you to sign attachments as in WSS-SWA ( that is supported in WSS1.1.)

That's why the proposal of (1) either removing this from the "main conformance profile" or (2) using WSS1.1 instead of WSS1.0  in part 1.

I guess we need to hear from Ric and others about implementing this combination as is, and I would go with the consensus (in the same way I was reassured about SOAP 1.2 + SWA) . It seems to me though a b2b general conformance profile need be able to sign attachments - and that payload security alone may not be sufficient.

In all cases, I think we all agree that the main conf profile (whatever it is but mandatory to support for b2b users) should be based on Part 1 alone.

Jacques