egov-ms message

Subject: RE: [egov-ms] OASIS eGOV MS : NEW GUIDANCE DOCUMENTS

Agreed, and thanks both for your comments.

To Daniel's longer response though, did you not think we captured at a high level, the drivers behind the failures in the US? I know the US/GSA scene pretty well and when we drafted this I had that experience, as well as others, in mind.

Look at Lesson 1 and Lesson 3 again for example. Do you not see the US experience reflected here?

If not then can you suggest a sentence or two that does, and under which lesson?

Cheers
Colin
(PS: the US experience in high level terms is not peculiar to the US - the same problems can be seen in many other efforts, including our own down under)

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Rutkowski [mailto:tony@yaanatech.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 17 March 2010 9:19 a.m.
To: Daniel.E.Turissini.(Affiliate).ORC1000000106.ID
Cc: John Borras; egov-ms@lists.oasis-open.org

On 3/16/2010 3:44 PM, Daniel.E.Turissini.(Affiliate).ORC1000000106.ID
wrote:
> Unfortunately, no single entity in the U.S. Government has been
> willing to take on the responsibility for successful implementation of
> a citizen-focused Electronic Government envisioned in the E-Government
> Act of 2002, and until that happens the promises and benefits of
> E-Government and E-Commerce in the United States will remain largely
> unachieved.

Well said.  At least part of the failure in the U.S. can be
laid at the feet of "let the market implement," or "public-
private partnership" concepts.  What is really needed is
public-public partnerships combined with eID and
EVcert mandates/funding.

Today, we can look to Europe and CJK for leadership
in this area.  Hopefully one of the results of this group
will be a better understanding of these implementations
and associated policies.

--tony