egov-ms message

Subject: RE: [egov-ms] Proposed change to eGovernment Rules of Procedure

Scott:
Many thanks for the announcement. Great news.
I support the proposed change wholeheartedly.

Regards,
Peter

| Peter F Brown                                                |
| Independent Consultant                                       |
| Transforming our Relationships with Information Technologies |
| Web       www.peterfbrown.com                                |
| Blog      pensivepeter.wordpress.com                         |
| LinkedIn  www.linkedin.com/in/pensivepeter                   |
| Twitter   @pensivepeter                                      |
| P.O. Box 49719, Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA                   |
| Tel: +1.310.694.2278                                         |

From: Scott McGrath [mailto:scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Tuesday, 15 March, 2011 15:37
To: egov-ms@lists.oasis-open.org

Member Section Members,

The Steering Committee is proposing changes to your Rules of Procedure
document which governs your Member Section in coordination with the Member
Section Policy.[1]

The changes are shown in the attached document as red-line changes to the
official March 2009 version.

In accordance with the MS Policy, you have 30 days to review and comment on
these changes. Please send your comments and post any discussion to this
publicly archived mail list egov-ms@lists.oasis-open.org.  Following the
Discussion Period which ends April 14 2011, the proposers will consider your
input and may, at their discretion, bring forward a special majority ballot
to approve this document or a document updated based on your input.  If the
ROP is approved by that ballot, it will forward to the OASIS board for final
approval.

These Rules of Procedure changes are necessary to take advantage of a budget
made possible by allocation of a portion of your dues paid to OASIS.  Your
deliberation should, minimally, allow you to understand and consider how the
budget, which will be managed by the Steering Committee, will advance the
mission of the Member Section so you can vote confidently.

Thanks for your participation in this important consideration of your
group's governance.

Scott...

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/who/ms_policy.php

--