egov-registry message

Subject: Need for standard URI structure (Was Re: [egov-registry] regrep)

Changing the thread title to reflect the discussion closer.

Paul Spencer wrote:

>Maewyn,
>
>For the registry, we need to describe each metadata item type with a URI.
>Since we currently use URLs rather than URNs in UK Gov, it might be useful
>if these point to a description of the item type - i.e. the relevant page of
>the e-GMS. This could obviously be done if the e-GMS were in HTML or XML.
>
>In anticipation that this might be done sometime, we need to choose some
>URIs. I know Adrian was looking at direct URI access to the GovTalk web
>site. Do we have this available? I suggest something like:
>
>http://www.govtalk.gov.uk/registry/contributor.htm
>http://www.govtalk.gov.uk/registry/coverage.htm#temporal
>
>What do you think? It is not essential to set up the ability to access these
>straight away - what I would like to do is set up a URI format that will
>support this in the future.

For an example of how the URIs might be used in the registry see various
Slots in:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/egov-registry/download.php/7257/SubmitObjectsRequest_eGMS1.xml

and the name attribute. The current URIs are only meant to be
placeholders and would be replaced by whatever URI prefix(s) we agree
upon for the pilot.

--
Regards,
Farrukh