egov-registry message

Subject: regrep

Maewyn,

For the registry, we need to describe each metadata item type with a URI.
Since we currently use URLs rather than URNs in UK Gov, it might be useful
if these point to a description of the item type - i.e. the relevant page of
the e-GMS. This could obviously be done if the e-GMS were in HTML or XML.

In anticipation that this might be done sometime, we need to choose some
URIs. I know Adrian was looking at direct URI access to the GovTalk web
site. Do we have this available? I suggest something like:

http://www.govtalk.gov.uk/registry/contributor.htm
http://www.govtalk.gov.uk/registry/coverage.htm#temporal

What do you think? It is not essential to set up the ability to access these
straight away - what I would like to do is set up a URI format that will
support this in the future.

Regards

Paul Spencer
Director