Mail Index message

Subject: Re: [egov-ws] ebXML and Web Services

Thanks Beaver,

Will you be able to participate in an SC telecon next Tuesday (9am-12pm,
U.S. east coast time)?  We plan to finish our review of the SC charter at
that time (was unable to finish the review in Washington due to time
constraints).  Dial-in info for the telecon will be provided via separate
email.   This is the venue to discuss your feedback - hopefully you can do
this in person.  For all SC members, please review Beaver's comments prior
to the telecon, and we will incorporate this into our discussion.

Personally, I think your comment regarding the need to validate the usage
of the ebXML model in the government is on target (by the way, is this
validation also needed of the generic web services model?), and in fact was
one of the ideas that I was trying to convey in my initial draft of the
deliverables, although your description of the need was much more elegant
and to-the-point than mine.  Lets map your suggestions into the current
list of deliverables (several appear to apply) and let the
modifications/enhancements to the list of deliverables fall out of this
process.  Thoughts from other SC members?  Let's discuss on Tuesday.

Regards,

David Layton
GSA, Office of E-Government & Technology
E-Government Strategy Division
Phone: 202-219-0815

                    "Beaver,             To:     "OASIS : Egov-Ws List (E-mail)"
                    Graham"               <egov-ws@lists.oasis-open.org>
                    <Graham.Beaver       cc:     (bcc: David Layton/MEB/CO/GSA/GOV)
                    @hp.com>             Subject:     [egov-ws] ebXML and Web Services

                    03/13/2003
                    08:08 AM

David et al,

I am sorry that I was not able to attend the ebXML / Web Services
sub-committee meeting yesterday due to other commitments and the time
difference between the UK and Washington, although I found the initial main
committee meeting very enlightening and informative with every-ones views
and previous experience.