Subject: Re: [egov] RE: Starting Discussion to Get Your Advice and Help wi thE-Forms for E-Gov

This is an area where CTML is focusing (in the international controlled
trade domain) as part of OASIS. You can see the draft vocabulary at the
following address:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/controlled-trade/

On 1/21/03 11:25 AM, "Evdemon John" <evdemon_john@bah.com> wrote:

> Probert, Sue wrote:
>> As far as methodologies are concerned then W3C,
>> UN/CEFACT, ISO and OASIS are all committing valuable
>> resources to creating methodologies which, probably
>> through my ignorance, I am very much afraid could be
>> sometimes seriously overlapping each other.
>
> I think W3C may be out of place here regarding business process
> methodologies and semantics definition.  While W3C is doing some
> exciting work in the area of semantics serialization/processing (e.g.
> RDF, OWL, etc), it is not (to my knowledge) working on semantics
> definition for business transactions.

Todd Harbour                            571-276-2196 (Cell)
45245 Business Court              703-478-9881 (Talk)
Dulles, Virginia 20166              703-478-9883 (Fax)