Subject: Re: [egov] OASIS E-GOV TC : USE OF OPEN OFFICE

Message text written by Sean McGrath
>Our policy here in UK Gov is to publish in
>RTF and PDF as a minimum and we might consider that approach if .Doc is
>unacceptable.  So let's talk some more about it on 12th please.<

Sean,

Can OpenOffice open Word .DOC files?  If so - may make sense to
use .doc for working documents internally - and then convert them
to PDF and .XML for final release / review drafts.

This lets the editors and contributors work as is, while supporting
external reviewers who want to be able to easily open documents
at that point.

DW.