Subject: RE: [egov] IAC Enterprise Architecture White Papers published

All,

For those interested in interacting with the IAC EA SIG or the OMB eGov SIG,
I have been asked to be the liaison to the OASIS e-Gov TC.  Also, the draft
IAC White Papers are posted on www.ICHnet.org/IAC_EA.htm.  For those
interested in the US Federal Govts e-Gov initiative, visit www.FEAPMO.gov.
In support of the roll out of these reference models, IAC and ICH are
cooperating on an e-Gov Solution Architecture Workshop as a core part of the
Fall SecurE-Biz Program, Oct. 28-29, Wash. DC.

HOW these e-Gov architecture reference models and life cycle processes are
to be applied were detailed at last weeks SecurE-Biz Summit and will be
posted at www.SecurE-Biz.net this week.  One of the hottest topics was the
use of Value Chain assessments as a means of defining and validating these
EA artifacts and reference models.  The White House (OMB), General Services
Admin (managers of the e-Gov Fund), and ICH, all provided views of this
business driven approach to architecting the enterprise.  A soft copy of a
Value Chain White Paper will be posted on both web sites.

At the last TC meeting in Wash DC, it has been suggested that the OASIS
e-Gov TC create an EA Sub-committee.  Given our involvement in this and
related EA efforts, I would be glad to lead this effort if the TC members
feel that we need to take a position on architectures.  Please respond if
you feel that Enterprise Architectures are a critical success factor for the
OASIS e-Gov TC.   Based on the results of numerous study efforts in this
area, the evidence is YES.

I would very much like to hear from the TC membership if this is an area of
interest.

Cheers,

john ;~)

John Weiler
ICH Architecture Resource Center
"From Architectures to Implementation Reality"
+1-703-768-0400 (ph)
+1-703-765-9295 (fx)
+1-800-733-6687 (toll free)
www.ICHnet.org <http://www.ICHnet.org>