Subject: Re: [egov] Proposed Infrastructure SC

Eliot

Sorry for the slow response.

I'm content with your proposed scope for the SC.

In terms of defining deliverables from the SC, I would suggest you should align your definition with that of Diane's Services SC, as in fact you are both doing aspects of the same end product, ie the delivery of an e-service, with Diane focussing on the front office aspects and you on the back office aspects.  So your outputs should be of a similar type.  I would not at this stage attempt to define resource requirements or timescales  for each output.  That doesn't really need to be in the SC  Charter.

So can you prepare a final draft of the SC Charter now for final comment by TC members and I'll then formally set up the SC  on the website and we can recruit members.   One of the first decisions for the SC will be the priority of the many issues to be looked into.

If we can get this sorted in time it would be nice to have a first meeting of the SC alongside the other meetings here in London in early May.  Are you coming to any of those?

If you want anything posted to the website can you ask Adrian Kent the TC secretary to do it please.  Diane is already very busy and I'd rather not continue to add to her burden.  Once your probationary period is over you will be able to post direct yourself.

With regard to the recent exchanges between Duane Nickull and others, I suggest you have an early debate within your SC about whether you see the issues raised within scope or not.  If not then refer them up to the TC to deal with.  If they are in scope then you will need to consider the other mentioned related initiatives and decide on their appropriateness.

Regards,
John

Eliot Christian <echristi@usgs.gov>

02/04/2003 18:57