Subject: Re: [egov] Justice XML Data Model

Excellent presentation Eliot. Just a slight caveat (not a correction)
regarding OASIS/ebXML Registry:

The OASIS/ebXML Registry concepts presented are not quite yet
"implementable" in an ebXML Registry in a native manner. That is, the
specifications do not explicitly address the registration and management
of  individual artifacts beyond the DTD/schema/XML instance level (and
tags that correspond to those artifacts). If an implementer chose to be
creative with the information model, they could implement such
functionality.

I am working hard to ensure that this functionality is explictly
included in the ebXML Registry architecture in the future. I also chair
a subcommittee (Core Components Review) whose mission is to "Core
Component-enable" the Registry architecture per the UN/CEFACT Core
Components specification. We are currently working toward this end. The
functionality that you reference in your presentation will most likely
be available once the Core Components enhancements are included in the
Registry architecture.

I would not personally recommend changing your presentation, because (as
mentioned above) an implementer could choose to provide this
functionality if they wanted to. That's why I classify this message as a
"caveat" rather than a correction.

Kind Regards,
Joe Chiusano
Booz | Allen | Hamilton
OASIS/ebXML Registry TC
Chair, Core Components Review Subcommittee

Eliot Christian wrote:

> At 11:35 AM 4/14/2003 +1000, Ram Kumar wrote:
> >OASIS approved XML specifications exist for person and address
> >and other personal/company entities.
>
> I think re-use most often occurs at the level of data element
> concepts rather than at the level of data elements represented
> in any particular syntax. I have attached here a presentation
> about various data element registry approaches, focusing on
> how each deals with data semantics, in case you are interested.
>
> Eliot

>                          Name: fea_drm.ppt
>    fea_drm.ppt           Type: POWERPNT File (application/ppt)
>                      Encoding: base64
>               Download Status: Not downloaded with message
begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano