Subject: Re: [egov] Tactics on data alignment / standardization

Carl Reed wrote:

>But wait, we do not live in a 2d world. What about 3d? And we need to make
>sure we properly express units of measurement.

What about 4d - adding the element of time.  I have one hapless friend
who bought a piece of property in California that is slipping down an
embankment into the ocean.  I am sure that over time, other things
happen like in Japan where they build islands and add land mass to the
existing landmass.  Are there requirements to look at historical GML
data and compare it with current?

Duane Nickull

Yellow Dragon Software - http://www.yellowdragonsoft.com
Web Services & ebXML Messaging / Registry Downloads
Project Team Lead - UN/CEFACT eBusiness Architecture
Phone:   +1 (604) 738-1051 - Canada: Pacific Standard Time
Direct:  +1 (604) 726-3329