Subject: Re: [egov] ebXML and web services

Paul:

I have lots of experience in this. In fact, Yellow Dragon Software has
made several sales to government bodies related to ebXML registry. ebXML
registry software can be downloaded from our website for a free eval.

http://www.yellowdragonsoft.com

I have set up a testbed registry for use by this group.  The only
problem is that some may not be able to view it if your ISP has an issue
with proxies.  The URI is

http://registry.yellowdragonsoft.com:81/

Anyone who can see it and wants an account to play around with it is
welcome to explore it.  Our section is under "Pilot Projects"
classification node.

We also have CPA support built into our ebXML Messaging product.  The
three products work together seamlessly to make ebXML very real.  We
don't have any past experience with integrating SAML functionality
however it should not be too difficult. (caveat: nothing is ever as easy
as it first seemed it would be)

There is an architecture that I participated within three years ago to
use ebXML for eForms submission for the Canadian Government. The
architecture is still very valid and I would be willing to share it
offline.  In fact, a chapter was written into a book using it as a case
study (Wrox Press).

That architecture used a full scale registry, combined with ebXML
Messaging and CPA management running over SMTP (Citizens do not always
have persistent connections tothe WWW) and support for dynamically
driven eForms.  The eForms is one of the most interesting components
since it uses metadata in the registry to power the forms presentation
(only certain people can see certain parts of the form and it gets
displayed in different languages depending on what part of Canada you
are in).

Please contact me offline to learn more.

cheers

Duane Nickull

Yellow Dragon Software - http://www.yellowdragonsoft.com
Web Services & ebXML Messaging / Registry Downloads
Project Team Lead - UN/CEFACT eBusiness Architecture
Phone:   +1 (604) 738-1051 - Canada: Pacific Standard Time
Direct:  +1 (604) 726-3329