Subject: re: [egov] ebXML and web services

Paul,

I share the vision here - and we've been working hard to put this
common model into place.

I just authored an article on this for ebxmlFourm - http://ebxmlforum.com
discussing what Core webservices consist of.

And further more the OASIS BCM and CAM teams are both developing
work in this area.

Notice that a WSDL definition for a CAM processor, using metadata
out of either ebXML or UDDI registry - covers off the transaction
processing as a webservice, or a local processor, however you
want to configure it.

So your transaction processing flows thru ebMS, with process definitions
in either BPSS, BPEL or both, and then any content management
is handled by CAM.

There's one other piece to this - choice points - and that is the area
the BCM folks are working on.  More on this soon.

Cheers, DW.
Message text written by "Paul Spencer"

I have recently been thinking more about overall architectures for
e-Government. Most architectures need a combination of transactions (such
as
the ability to file a tax return) and simple services that will be used by
interoperating systems. An example of the latter might be the need to
transform a name from the Extensible Name Language to/from a local format
or
to look up a postal address based on a unique property reference. It seems
logical (to me at least) that the transactions would use ebXML and the
services would use SOAP/WSDL.

Treating each separately, the ebXML part would need an ebXML registry in
which would be stored business process specifications and CPPs (among other
things). Typically, the services would use a UDDI registry. Does anyone
have
experience of having these working together or of combining them? And what
about combining SAML into this? I see this as totally independent, but
others might have different views.
<