Subject: eGov - Information policies

An interesting article: -

http://www.truthout.org/docs_03/121403A.shtml

The UN work in this area that we previously noted
certainly helps provide baselines for people and
their governments.

A rule of thumb where information that directly
relates to yourself should be assessible.

I continue to be frustrated by how easily Osama
Bin Laden scores wins without ever having to try -
watching people shoot themselves in the foot
worrying about maybes that will never happen
and reacting in ways that harm themselves.

Day after day we are adding to the cost in real
terms from these despicable attacks - most
recently on Turkey (that touched me deeply as
I have many memories of times spent with
friends and family there) - and one senses
there just has to be better ways.

Perhaps as we work here together on eGov
we can help in some small or large way.

: -(

DW