Subject: OASIS E-GOV TECHNICAL COMMITTEE PARTICIPATION

I am conscious that the way we currently run the TC does not allow you all to participate very easily.  Not least because of the differences in time zones and the difficulty of finding a convenient time for you to join in meetings.   But our work has to be international not just confined to Europe and North America, so to overcome this I have in mind to set up a Regional sub-committee, covering the Far East,  Australia and New Zealand so that people from that part of the world can get together and better participate in the work of the TC.   I don't want to end up with two separate committees so we will need to sort out the logistics of how we do the joining up.

I'd be very interested to hear from your thoughts on this idea and if we set up a sub-committee whether you would actively participate in it.    For other members of the TC, particularly those from the international organisations, if you have contacts in that part of the world perhaps you could pass this message on to see if there is further interest.

If I get a positive response then I would be prepared to come to an initial meeting of the sub-committee in late Spring or early Summer to sort out arrangements  Perhaps we could look to a session running in parallel with a conference or other international event which might provide hosting facilities for the meeting.  Suggestions on events and locations would be welcomed.

Regards,

John Borras
Chair  e-Gov TC