Subject: Re: [egov] Naming and Design Rules for E-Government

Thank you for forwarding this excellent document Michael. A few items
jumped out at me that I'd like to convey please:

EXCERPT:
P.2: Because UBL is the first standard designed to work within an ebXML
framework - the design of UBL will set a trend for the development of
vocabularies in other domains.

COMMENT:
Not sure that the characterization of UBL in this way is entirely
accurate - could you please elaborate?

EXCERPT:
P.2: We propose that vocabularies like ebXML Core Components

COMMENT:
It would be more accurate to characterize ebXML Core Components as a
data modeling methodology, rather than as a vocabulary.

EXCERPT:
P.2: Illustration of the weak namespace of ebXML Core Components

COMMENTS:
Assuming you mean XML namespace here: since ebXML Core Components are
syntax-neutral, there is no inherent concept of namespace.

EXCERPT:
P.3: Figure 2 depicts ebXML Core Components as having "weak datatypes" -
could you please elaborate?

Kind Regards,
Joe Chiusano