Subject: Re: [egov] Proposed Use Case template

Diane.Lewis@usdoj.gov wrote:

>Thanks Farrukh...
>i will start using it.... dl

Thanks Diane.

I realized from your posting that the message I sent may had information
loss when sent as HTML.
This time I am attaching the proposed template so that people can
download it as an attachment without
losing the diagram and other formatting.

BTW the diagram is done with Together UML tool.

For a good and free UML tool see:

http://argouml.tigris.org/features.html

Thanks.

--
Regards,
Farrukh

Title: Use Case Template

Title

Description

Currently ebXML Registry allows content to be associated using an Association which has an optional associationType that is defined by  a ClassificationNode within a ClassificationScheme.

This use case envisions allowing content to be associated using an Association which has an optional associationType that is defined by  a Class within an Ontology.

The meaning of the resulting association would be much more clearer and precise.

use case diagram

Use Case Diagram: Associate 2 RegistryObjects using an Ontology Class

Actors

Priority (Low, Medium, High)

Pre-conditions

Post-conditions

Basic Flow

  1. Domain experts publishes an ontology
  2. Content Publisher publishes content #1
  3. Content Publisher publishes content #2
  4. Content Publisher publishes an Association that associates content #1 and content #2 using an ontology class reference as an associationType

Alternative flows…

Exceptions

Includes Use Cases

Special Requirements