Subject: Re: [egov] Government Registries -or- Management of XML SchemaComponents

It would seem that any pilot effort should take into account the work done by Canada on their Integrated Justice Capability. I believe they have already implemented a Registry capability with help from Yellow Dragon (now Adobe) in working with approximately 350 data elements in XML. There are meetings scheduled for late February between U.S. Justice and Canadian Justice (Cross Border Initiative) to look into collaboration between the two countries.

The Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Dept. of Justice (we have responsibility for state and local government programs/grants, etc.) has been working to develop a nationwide data model/data dictionary of approximately 3000 elements that is XML Schema and Object Orientation friendly. We are looking for a Registry capability to house the data model/data dictionary and other artifacts (style sheets, reference document schemas, etc.) that relate. It would be good to keep our needs in mind when scaling and defining any pilot effort.

Bob Greeves
Office of Justice Programs
U.S. Dept. of Justice
Washington, DC
Phone: 202-305-9317
Email: greevesr@ojp.usdoj.gov

>>> "Paul Spencer" <paul.spencer@boynings.co.uk> 01/27/04 05:35PM >>>
At today's telecon, we agreed to put forward a proposal to the TC for a
project to produce a pilot eGovernment registry based on the work I have
been doing with the UK MOD. We have not yet agreed on the scope, as the
subject of this message indicates. The UK Government has agreed to be the
subject of the pilot if the proposal is suitable and this participation
proves feasible.

This is a call for participation in the proposal stage of this. So far,
Farrukh and I are involved. If you would like to help scope this project,
please raise your hand by the end of this week. It won't be too late to join
in later, but this deadline will let us start work quickly.

Regards

Paul Spencer