Subject: GIS and realtime eGov service responses

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20040201/D80EJPV01.html

This seems such as important development that I'm thinking
it deserves a sub-team to build-out use cases, lessons
learned, and go-forward planning.

The ability to exchange information between GIS and
databases has long been a critical ability to leverage.

I spent years out in Saudi writing programs that looked
at the CAD systems of the international airports facilities
and figured out maintenance and support details from
the mainframe logistics databases.

The next level seems to be using XML to exchange
important information between systems - and being
able to respond to requests and dynamic needs /
queries in realtime.

This technology definately has significant implications
on many levels.

DW.